Monday 18 September 2017

Invisible Cities - Baucis - Notes and Drawings

This post gives my research notes and preliminary drawings for the second city depicted by Italo Calvino, the city of Baucis. The city is stood atop thin stilts where all the inhabitants needs are managed and met. Their main quirk seems to be that they marvel at the Earth with telescopes. this would suggest they are interstellar beings that are visitors to the planet. 
 My initial drawings focus on the gravity of their situation, the scale of production and the fascination they experience with the planet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...