Thursday 21 September 2017

Life Drawing - Session 1

This is the product of the first life drawing session, we began with a twenty minute pose, I need to improve on getting correct proportions and to be less shy about faces, the tutor mentioned about not doing an outline, work with a flow so I always have somewhere to go and if I needed to extend there was the ability to, I took this into account during the second set of drawings, there are eight consecutive drawings ranging from five to three minute poses. I felt a little more limbered up after these and was pleased with how carefree it felt when drawing, I liked the shading on the top left and the centre poses.
 Finally we moved on to another twenty minute pose, the neck, collar and shoulder were fine but I could improve on shape elsewhere, like the right arm for instance, I will look at more perspective life models and drawings for insight. Once again I backed away from the face as it's not an area I felt comfortable in, next time I will focus more on faces.  

1 comment:

  1. Commit to the face! & don't forget - on myUCA/Toolkit1/Drawing there are some 'how to' guides in terms of drawing faces and understanding human anatomy, so break the seal :)

    ReplyDelete

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...