Friday 15 December 2017

What If? Metropolis - Reflective statement

This project has presented a challenge for me in regard to knowledge of how to use Maya and what my limitations with what can be achieved. I felt this fact has guided my work from the beginning and led to my concept art being ridgid. I also think my other error was instead of trying to  engage in Issey Miyake other designs and breakthroughs in fashion. I feel very strongly that it I were to redo this project it would be radically different, there would be little in a blocky, straight lined way and none curves.

I felt I did well at getting my ideas out quickly onto paper which felt natural thanks to Invisible Cities. This really helped me to realise the travelogue after looking into Miyakes influence. I looked into ecological structures and futuristic structures and concept art to help me realise this city.

In the OGR2 I was told my city was very dystopian, which I would agree with because it was dark and the scene itself gave out sharp edges and had a harsh, dangerous nature intrinsic in its design. This was the problem which I encountered when I tried to recreate it in Maya, a fact I couldn't move away from.

I'm future I need to really step back, and look at all of what my designer is in their work and what they as a designer looks to achieve in their work. I also need to make sure I work this out before I commit because otherwise it's almost impossible keep to backtrack and start again after this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...