Thursday 1 February 2018

Character Design - Creating a creature for an environment

I had the environment of the Arctic, as a set of rules to give myself I worked under the fact the surface of it was entirely made up of cotton plants. This led to research into looking at pastures and tundras and what dwells on the, I primarily focused on sheep, goats, cows and hedgehogs to influence my first creature. 

It is a small mammal which grows to the height of the cotton plants, is prey and had sideways facing eyes for better peripheral vision, and its body is coated in spines which act like Velcro to collect the cotton for warmth, and camouflage. 

The second creature took primary influence from a snake, this is because of its ability to quietly slither close to the ground and be able to weave about obstacles. its powerful hind leg allows for pouncing at prey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...