Tuesday 13 March 2018

Soundscape Reflective Statement


This project filled me with excitement from the beginning, sound has always interested me greatly in film as it should everyone, it is the seasoning to the meal of the eyes, it is there to fine tune the emotional response of the audience for a particular moment. This is one of the fundamental reasons I wanted to get into animating and making these experiences for others, and this project gave me the opportunity to do something which can relate to this.

It was a little daunting at first but soon I was able to simply make noises at home on a recording device, which proved to be much fun and interesting, then clean them up and marry them into a collaboration. It would appear the sounds has the potential to be very abstract. I've tried to go for more realistic sounding things, as if they were creatures or physical things happening in the universe, all be it if they maybe weren't natural to this planet.

I think with more knowledge of sounds and software I could refine my sounds to a higher degree and possibly make more in depth sounds. My final outcomes I don't feel are particularly outlandish or imaginative. I believe what is in the picture is the end result and that the sounds which I created are the correct sounds which they would have always made if they existed.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...