Tuesday 2 October 2018

Character Design - Caricature

I began the day by drawing weaponry, armour and furniture from the period of ancient Rome focusing on versatility, ornateness and decoration in order to gain a little understanding of the time period and the item properties.   

I then took an item at random and began to exaggerate it using different archetype shapes to give the helmet personality, the larger pen images evolved from triangles and an attempt to create the helmet of a more brutal Legate of the Roman Military.    
Afterwards we were tasked with Caricaturing either a human or an animal, the original image and my first drawing are next to each other below, then on the right is some examples submitted to aid me in pulling out the exaggeration in the face using various archetypes. 

 Below are my attempts to draw out exaggeration using various archetype shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...