Monday 21 January 2019

Perspectives: Proposal mind Mapping



21st Century Western Animation and Capitalism

Disney - has an upper hand compared to independent companies for example.

the lone ranger remake with jonny depp - capitalism in the old westerns? are they in now?

also the - so many something, films, something, using it

parody

Bee Movie (2007)

Antz as a critique of large slavery under capitalism

endless remakes with little difference

the emoji movie

kung fu panda

wolf of wall street

inside out - reducing storyline + more exploration of characters - stretching out very little plot

Art House/ Non-Profit animation

sequals of popular animations

communist animation, DC animated universe (DCAU), Wreck it Ralph, Incredibles, family guy, toy story, the simpsons, zootopia, monsters Inc, WALL-E

Clint Eastwood

Nostalgia built, reconnecting with old fans to get more money

stranger things, black mirror, bandersnatch, 80's nostalgia

the use of animation/film to blind the working class from their exploitation

marx + althesser

post-capitalism

consumer
(product)

commodity culture

I shop therefore I am - Barbara Kruger artist (slogan)

References Dercarter

I think therefore I am





No comments:

Post a Comment

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...