Thursday 21 February 2019

@Alan - Premise: Scene 1 Storyboard Draft

The idea is based on a childhood memory of when I stayed at my grandmothers' one night. A sudden power cut incited me to get up from in front of the television and search for her, she had left some minutes prior. When entering a darkened hall from the living room from which I began she jumped out at me scaring me so badly that it started my fear of the dark which lasted a large period of my childhood. 

After talking with Phil it has become apparent to me that it is the essence of this story which I need to focus on, the uncanny grandmother. It will be important to focus on making sure I don't add anything in which doesn't need to be and try to work with items which are associated with the elderly to create an idea of the uncanny to create dread. 

It was suggested to try and make repressed fears of getting old a thing, like the sound of slippers on the carpet, teeth in a glass, old furniture... Doilies.     


1 comment:

  1. Keep going with this Tom. One thing to consider though...what is the ending going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...