Monday 18 September 2017

Invisible Cities - Diomira - Notes and Drawings

 This post contains my research notes and drawings from the third city depicted by Italo Calvino, the city of Diomira. I've noticed a darker side to this city which I'm particularly interested in expressing and developing. Ive provided my initial thoughts.  

My drawings are reminiscent of the Angler fish, which used a bio-luminescent light to lure smaller fish into its jaws.  
This is my first attempt at Digital Painting in Photoshop. Here are 9 more Thumbnails for the city of Diomira.


4 comments:

  1. Really liking what you've got going on here in terms of presentation etc. Tom - just remember to always number your thumbnails clearly so myself and others can refer to drawings quickly and without confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah - I keep forgetting to say - take a look at your blog title - you've got a small 'c' for the Computer in the course title etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've changed the 'c' to a 'C' and I will make sure I remember to number my thumbnails in future. Thanks for the feedback Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way you organize your notes and the fact that you felt inspired by a fish for the architecture is quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Year 3 - Major Submission - Reflective statement

This is a reflective statement for my 3rd year of 3D computer Animation Arts.  I shall outline what it was that I achieved this year, I...